RESPECT, UNDERSTANDING AND SUCCESSFUL RESOLUTION
Whether you are buying or selling real estate, planing for or dealing with an estate, starting a business or are headed to court to resolve a dispute, let us help guide you through the process.
We offer comprehensive representation in the area of real estate. Whether you're buying or selling property; negotiating boundaries with neighbors, discussing easements or rights of way or refinancing, we can handle all the details for you, from the daunting paperwork to the complex legal issues raised surrounding land in a state where property records predate the founding of the nation.
- Buyers and Sellers in Purchase and Sale of Maine Real Estate
- Assistance in Property Disputes
- Enforcement and Drafting of Easements and Rights of Way
- Resolution of Issues with Family Held Properties
Not all disputes can be resolved out of court. Our team is ready, willing and able fight for your rights in court.
- Defending and Asserting Legal Claims
- Foreclosure Defense and Negotiation
- Claims under Maine's Unfair Trade Practices Act
- Consumer Protection
- Family Matters on a case-by-case basis
We can help you work with local and state wide land trusts to preserve your treasured property. Our decades of experience working with preservation organizations provides both knowledge of the organizations' process and a relationship of trust to draw on.
- Assistance in Formulating a Plan for your Property
- Conservation Easements to Conserve Property
- Bargain Sales to Non-profit Organizations
- Donations of Land to Non-profit Organizations
Estates and probate
Planning for and dealing with our own passing or that of a loved one are some of the most difficult challenges a person can face. We offer frank, compassionate advice and services to help you and your loved ones address all issues surrounding planning for and dealing with aging, our mortality and the aftermath.
- Basic Estate Planning with Wills, Powers of Attorney and Advance Healthcare Directives or Living Wills
- Probate and Probate Avoidance using Trusts and in Vivo Transfers
- Asset Protection
- MaineCare and Long Term Care Planning
- Probate Litigation
- Estate Administration
- Guardianships and Conservatorships
businesses and non-profits
We serve as Clerk and Registered Agent for hundreds of local business and handle all type of matters from the initial filings for corporations and LLCs and IRS applications for 501(c)(3) status, to negotiations and contract drafting, regulatory compliance and representation in court.
- Filings for the creation of and amendments to Corporations and LLCs
- Drafting of Operating and Partnership agreements
- Contract Drafting and Negotiations
- Commercial Disputes
- Sales of Businesses and Business Property